Thursday, April 29, 2010

TOL (Thinking Out Loud)


Last week my boy put me on this documentary called Welcome To Lagos. Youtube it and watch the 2 episodes. It is the most humbling thing I have seen in a while and after seeing it, I went on my knees and thank God for all that he has blessed me with. Growing up as a child, I never had a father around but fuck it, I never needed one because my mom was Lebron she played both roles (lebron has offense and defense). And she had the 2 best supporting cast, my 2 lovely sisters A.K.A Carmelo and Howard and some role players, my aunts A.K.A The rest of team USA. So you see they were a dream team. From when I was born till this date, I don’t remember lacking anything I needed. I don’t remember missing a meal because there was nothing to eat or any other thing. I wasn’t a spoilt child so anything other extra I need, I had to get it some other way, either by getting good grades and getting rewarded or waiting till Christmas or birthday or begging my sisters. When I got into secondary school, I had to learn new hustles, I remember I used to help pple copy their notes for a fee, do laundry for a fee, buy contrabands and sold them for profits, things like that just to make extra money to get whatever extra I wanted because there was no way my mom was gonna give me money to throw around. Up till this day I hustle to satisfy my wants because growing up my uncle told me that you become a man when you can depend on yourself only and get what you want, when you want it through hardwork. A man is not the guy with a gun in his hand on the block, a real man is that dude who has to wake up every morning, get out of bed and head to work so that he can provide for himself and his family. I said this because if you watch the documentary, it tells the story of a group of pple who don’t have much but still grind everyday for a better life for themselves and family. It’s not a easy task but you can see the happiness in their faces. After watching it, I see I have to reason to complain because there are millions of pple out there who would kill to be in my shoes. Because All Blessing comes directly from God and only the mistakes are mine. Am merely a man trying to serve God and any position He puts me in, I accept it and do the best job I can at it.

1 comment: